Call for Papers - Go Open 2009
Attention Speakers! Friprog.no is inviting you to participate in next year's Go Open conference, April 16-17 in Oslo, Norway - We're interested in hearing about your talks on these topics:
- Open Source projects useful for the public sector
- Experiences from transitions to Open Source software
- Use of and creation of Open Standards
- Ideas and thoughts about Openness and Transparancy in projects and communication
- How to cooperate in Open Projects?
- Access to Open Data - how to make it happen
- Business strategies for surviving in an Open world
- Why and how it pays off to Go Open
- Introduction to your Open Source project
- How to incorporate the Open principles into your life.
- Openness is not just about software, but also about ...
- How to secure openness in public debate by using Open Source technologies
- Your Favourite Topic? (systems administration / life sciences / web development)
We accept presentations of 45 minutes length only.
To submit a proposal for a talk/presentation, please register your proposed title by sending a mail to [email protected].
Submissions are due midnight (00:01 UTC) on November 1st 2008. Submitters will be notified within two weeks whether or not their talks have been accepted. If your proposal is accepted, you will be expected to confirm within 48 hours that you in fact will give the talk; otherwise, your slot may be given to someone else.
If you have something which does not fit the formats listed please feel free to contacts us anyway and we will evaluate it.
Please include the following with your abstract(s):
- A little information about yourself, including a well-lit high-resolution image of your person.
- An indication of preferred language and possible languages the presentation can be given in. (We accept only talks in English, Norwegian, Swedish and Danish.)
- The expected minimum level of knowledge of your target audience (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- A listing of any requirements you might have for doing your presentation. We will try to accommodate your request. Projectors and internet connection will be available for all talks.
- A short list (max 30 words) of your 4-6 main information points you want your audience to remember.
If possible, please include a link to your slides/paper ready for online publishing, in one of the following file formats:
We will also accept updates after the talk ends so we can include last minute modifications.
We take the liberty of filming presentations. If you are not interested in being filmed during your presentation, please let us know in advance.
We cannot offer much for your lecture, except:
- Free admittance
- A chance to meet a lot of interesting people
If you have any special requests which have to do with fee and payment please contact us at [email protected].
Thank you; we hope you will participate either as a speaker or as an attendee.
Preliminary important dates
- November 1st - Proposals due
- November 15th - Notification of acceptance
- November 17th - Final confirmation for accepted proposals/programme available
- April 1st - Closing of Registration
- April 16th and 17th - Go Open 2009
– With regards
Program Manager at large
the Go Open program crew.